The college prep program at Matlock Academy offers students a chance to gain advanced knowledge in a wide range of subjects that will show up their first year in college. Students will be exposed to these core programs and that can help them hone in on a prospective major for their college years. The following programs are focus areas for the prep program:
- Language: An intensive overview of both classic and modern literature, along with a writing focus.
- Social Studies: A program covering history, civics, and geography.
- Science: An advanced program, covering earth science, biology, ecology, and current issues.
- Math: A full curriculum of stimulating, challenging subjects, culminating in calculus.
- Foreign language: Students are required to complete two years of foreign language, though many choose to go beyond that minimum.
- Electives: Freedom of choice is important, as students can focus on areas of their choosing. SAT prep, water sports, and stress reduction are three of the most popular choices.
The benefits of this sort of program are evident when it comes to applying and being accepted to top-tier colleges and universities. They’re also meaningful for students who want to be successful not just in college but in an academic or professional environment. Coming out of a prep program, students are much more likely to choose the right college, get into that program, and stand out among their classmates as a result.